Joining in today, with Denise Tanton's campaign, "A List Because I Can," where in we wave our list blog post fannies in Mr Lady's pretty much perfect face, with list posts of our own, because of what Mr Lady writes here -- that numbered list blog posts are SEO traffic driving witchery.
Also, because it's guaranteed fun to mess with Mr Lady.
So, here with sincere love, to you Mr Lady:
My Top Ten List of What A Grief Pass Will Buy You
1) Bakery has no calories during this time. Bavarian cream donuts and deep fried crullers, all made out of spun air.
2) Fully loaded Whole Milk Lattes with whip: also see above.
3) No make-up on in public, because obviously: grieving.
4) No need to change clothes, if people feel pushed to ask if you're all right when they see you, answer, "My mother died." They won't ask again.
5) Forgetfulness and tardiness, all forgiven and understood.
6) If not, who cares.
7) No need to clean house, fold laundry, vacuum carpet. Free Pass for 30 days. You give it to yourself.
8) Take-out meals six nights a week, with home cooked meal on seventh day, and only because you are the one craving the comfort of feeding those you love.
9) Falling asleep on sofa in today's clothes, family knows it's the spot where sleep comes easiest.
10) Sleeping in the same pattern as when you first brought your babies home, up, down, sleep, wake, all depending on the moments between cries.
**Seriously, thanks for the fun, diversion, invitation to community, Mr Lady and Denise. Smiles much appreciated, much welcome. To join in, let Denise know you'll be along for the ride, drop her a line, comment here on her blog. Let's list-stick it to Mr Lady. Sounds like something she'd like.