|Me, except minus the cuteness|
I have stood in the middle of my closet more times than I can count, and muttered and sputtered to myself, "I should have run out and gotten something, anything. I have NOTHING to wear."
Nothing, No Thing of material that I can place over myself and use as fashionable body coverings.
See, the only kind of conference I've attended for the last eight years of my life has been of the parent teacher kind.
For that, I pull out the steady eddy:
But, I'm about to go to a very fashionable place. And I have airquotes nothing to wear.
Nothing to wear with a closet bulging with clothes that are hanging, folded, shoved, smashed, forgotten in dusty corners.
What does it mean when a woman throws her hands up in the air and screeches, "I have nothing to wear!!"
We mean this:
- Ugly as sin but it's an expensive label, so...
- Great lines, lines which I've outgrown
- Sentimentally I have to keep it, I wore it to my baby's christening/first birthday party/first dance
- Whoa. I am NOT giving away this itty bitty number that once fit me because man, I was hot
- Oh, the knobby nubby textured boucle sweaters that cost an arm and a leg. I just can't
- Still can use this just need to get my a** to the tailor's for button/zipper/seam/hem/stitch repair
- Ditto with the pile intended for the cleaners
- Ten pounds to go and we're back in the saddle again section
- The so close and yet so far five pounds to go and we are in business, baby
- Fifteen pounds away but hey, miracles happen
- Just a few more months of push ups and I can bare arm it again side of the closet
- The I think I just need a solid more $erious bra and the buttons will button dresses
- If I just give in and get me some Spanx I bet it could work pants section
- This was a good deal, color may be off, but if my mood is right....
- My sister/friend/aunt/husband bought me this while in Greece/Italy/France so must keep pile
- Just a good bout of flu and I'm in those jeans shelf
And there you have it, what "I have nothing to wear" means. And, as you can see, I'm right.
What things keep you lamenting "I have nothing to wear" in your closet, and why?? Why?? Do we hang on to these things??