1. "Wow, with that hair, kinda sad that look is just for under 40, you know?"
2. "I'd kill for your hair, if I were younger."
3. "Sure you can pull it off. But, me? I think I would chop it off after 40."
4. "Life is like that -- you have this great hair but I guess we're lucky we don't care what we look like anymore."
5. "Too bad that pretty curly hair is wasted on us as we age."
6. "This humid weather could make your curly hair look awesome, instead of just looking like Seth Rogen."
7. "At least you don't have to worry about frizzing up. People don't really care what you look like so much."
8. "You could put bobby pins in it, or hairspray it down, a big barrette, maybe? -- when it gets hot and sticky like today."
9. "Best to just wear it short, you know, nice and tight to the head when it starts to curl up around the forehead like that, don't you think?."
10. "Someone screwed up when they handed out the curls without an expiration date!"
11. "Wow. Your hair really curls up after exercise, doesn't it? Like a little half afro thingy."
12. "It's kind of like you almost could do it, I mean, you know, aging, but you gotta be avant garde for curly hair when you're older."
13. "Only curls? Oh, well, at least when you want a hairstyle, you've got one right there. Of course, the idea of ringlets is out, because you know, age and all..."
You may wonder after this list, Well, what CAN I say to an older woman who has curls?
This works, "Your hair is beautiful."
Totally acceptable. Even if curl-envy (oh, it's a thing) whispers in your ear to say otherwise.
* * *