Tuesday, November 22, 2011
It's good to close our eyes and ears to all that roars around us so that we can feel gratitude for that which is well and good in our lives. We hear and read about things happening in the world that give us pause, and nudge us to not take our blessings as a given. Throughout my day I'll have flashes of wanting to be still, and be thankful for all that my family and I have. Today, it felt good to stop the chatter in my brain and write what I am grateful for, here, in public display of deep appreciation. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
1. I am grateful for my children, the greatest and most important things in my life.
2. I am grateful for my husband; who is a good, honest man who loves his family.
3. I am grateful for my health, my husband's, and my children's good health.
4. I am grateful that we never have to worry about having a meal to eat.
5. I am grateful that my husband and I both have jobs.
6. I am grateful that we have two working cars in this family.
7. I am grateful that if my children need boots or a coat, I am able to get them.
8. I am grateful for the safe, clean neighborhood we live in.
9. I am grateful for the excellent medical and dental care that we have.
10. I am grateful that I have a body that is able to do anything I need it to do.
11. I am grateful that I have children who love to hug and kiss me.
12. I am grateful for the mundaneness of my life, with nothing extraordinary happening.
13. I am grateful that this new family of mine has been spared any tragedy.
14. I am grateful for my niece, who has been my best friend since the beginning of time.
15. I am grateful that have a close friend in my life who always acts as if seeing me is the best thing in her day.
16. I am grateful for my sisters and my brother; these are the people that make me laugh as hard as my children do.
17. I am grateful that I began this blog and for all the amazing people I've met through blogging.
18. I am grateful for the unimaginable opportunities that blogging has put in my life.
19. I am grateful for the people in my online life that keep me smiling and feeling that I am part of a community.
20. I am grateful that I am able to write in a way that makes people feel more understood and less alone in this world.
21. I am grateful that I survived PPD, and that my life online has helped me reach others who are in the midst of their battle.
22. I am grateful that I have a fighter spirit that will not let me be swallowed up by the daily knocking on my own door by depression.
23. I am grateful that because of this blog, my life has been saved on a daily basis by those I've come to love and come to count on, as part of my life on this earth.
24. I am grateful for the readers that come here and remain faithful to me. To these people, I love you, and thank you.
25. I am grateful that I still have a little boy who whispers to me at night as he falls asleep, "Hold my hand, mommy, I want you to come with me to my dreams."
Happy Thanksgiving to my dear, dear friends in the blogosphere. Thank you for your visits, your comments, your tweets, your DMs, your emails, your encouragement, your support, your beautiful posts.
I love you more than you can understand. xo